Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exercise, Exercise, Exercise- the Punishment Starts

Wow, my stamina sucks. I mean really, really sucks. I haven't exercised for a long time. Hence part of my "fat problem." My goal is to go to the gym everyday. I haven't found a set routine for the equipment or anything yet, still finding out what I like the best. I like the elliptical stepper. I like the regular elliptical. I really like the stepper-bike thing. Its similar to a stationary bike, but your legs pump straight out and back one at a time, not around like other stationary bikes. I liked it because I could read and my legs could go and go and go. I used the resistance setting and kept pushing the resistance higher as time passed. When I was reading I wasn't watching the clock. That makes it go much faster then steady staring at the time and wishing the punishment was over. I know its not really punishment, but as out of shape as I am, it feels like punishment. In the long run it will all be worth it. I am also contemplating starting the 100 push-up program in the mornings since I primarily work out in the afternoons/evenings. I want to reach my first goal- get below 200lbs as soon as possible. I feel this will help me keep going. I have an ultimate goal, but if I break it into mini-goals I think I'll feel better about making it. I can do it. I just need to remember that it will take time for my body to adjust. Results won't be instantaneous, as much as I want them to be and thats the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment