Saturday, January 15, 2011

Refresh My Memory- Vegetables Taste Good?

My journey into weight loss and a healthier me is steering into the little known facts that vegetables can taste good and be healthy. They don't have to be loaded in butter, salt and cheese. Fresh asparagus with some garlic powder, mushrooms and a sprinkle of parmesan really does taste good. Cauliflower disguised as fried rice? A great flavor. Sauteed zucchini and squash with grilled chicken in a tortilla- really yummy. What do these all have in common? They make a low calorie meal. Healthy and tasty. So in my refrigerator are: salad mix, cauliflower, zucchini, garlic, onion and asparagus. I still have more adventures awaiting me when it comes to cooking with vegetables, but I'm liking what I'm eating.


I weighed in today at 210lb. 11lbs to get to meet my first goal- below 200lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment