Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sensitivity and Frustration

I am trying very hard to lose weight right now. A lot of effort, and time in my day is devoted to planning my food for the day, tracking the calories that I have consumed and exercising and trying to blog about my thoughts and experiences frequently. Obviously most people don't know this and the random stranger has no clue that I'm in the process of losing weight. I went to dinner with my man on Saturday night and the hostess at the restaurant asked if we would like the booth in the front of the dining area and I said that was fine. Then she looked at me and said "Oh maybe that's not a good idea with the baby." My first thought was that I hadn't brought any children with me and then I realized that she thought I was pregnant! I was so hurt and angry all at the same time! I looked at her and said as chilly as possible "I'm not pregnant, thanks." What I really wanted to ask her is if she offended all patrons the same way. I know I am overweight. I know I look disgusting to some people, hell I disgust myself at times, but damn can some people learn some manners? She didn't even have the good grace to apologize. I wanted to cry and I felt hurt for a little while, but I have just decided that she is a person that obviously doesn't have the correct people skills to even do the job that she is doing. 


I am frustrated that my hard work takes so long for anyone to notice. Because I am so overweight, my small victories are nonexistent to everyone else. I can lose 10lbs and no one would notice. A few people may notice if lose 20lbs and maybe a few more if I lose 30lbs. Until I can really show a difference then the only person celebrating the victories is me. I am the person that counts, but more support is always better! I am going to stop whining now and get something accomplished around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment