Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Temptation Is the Name of the Game

Finally home from working a 10 hour day, driving in less than stellar conditions and what is there to welcome me? Freshly baked snickerdoodles. Really? I may have mentioned it before, but in case you missed it.... I AM ON A DIET! I know my man made them for the kids and himself, but damn! I have been doing seriously well on my diet for over a week. I haven't missed a day at the gym in that time, either. All right. Time to turn the other cheek. Walk away from the scrumptious-smelling cookies and begin to prepare dinner. Get dinner finished, eat, get myself and the kids ready to go to the gym. Walk past the tempting cookies again and again. Shoes on, hoodie on, and my 5 year-old sees the cookies. No time to waste! Must get out the door- NOW! Headed to the gym. This workout is 15 minutes shorter than usual due to a 45 minute swim class that ends 30 minutes before bedtime. Home at last, kids get a cookie and mom gets a Special K bar. I passed this test. Barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment